Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Deer in Buena Vista

We were driving in BV last evening a little after 7 p.m. and saw these two bucks grazing in a yard. So I finally got my deer photo! This was just two blocks from downtown. We just pulled the truck over to the curb and I shot out the window. I couldn't believe my luck when one of them looked up. They sure didn't seem bothered by us.
We have seen quite a few deer in town before, but I never had my camera ready. The first one we saw was walking down the middle of a street. Last week we noticed a doe calmly laying in a yard while people sat in lawn chairs not too far away. At first I thought it was one of those statues but then I saw her chewing.

I suppose all the deer in town are pests, but we have never heard anyone complaining. I think the town folk rather like being able to watch the deer up close. All young trees have protective fencing, as well as vegetable gardens and some flower beds. Deer ate the flowers off the pot I have outside our rig, so now we put the pot up in the truck bed at night.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home