Saturday, June 28, 2008

Library Card!


Buena Vista, Colorado

I am really a happy camper now -- I have a library card! BV offers temporary library privileges to summer residents. I had to fill out a form and pay $30, and I can only check out two books at a time. (Regular patrons can check out eight books.) When we leave, if all materials have been returned, I get my $30 back. I think that is a very good deal. Very forward thinking for such a small town.

The Buena Vista library is only two years old - it is a very attractive building. The library used to be housed in an old double wide trailer. The library is not huge but they have a respectable selection. I am reading "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, and also have "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman. Both books have been on my want-to-read list for some time. I am in the lap of luxury reading good books, hard bound at that. Another reason to like Buena Vista.


Quote for the day:
"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." -- Mark Twain
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home