Monday, June 02, 2008

Mueller beauty


 Mueller State Park
I woke up early this morning and crept outside without waking Doug or the dogs. The sun was up but the breeze had not yet stirred. As I walked around sipping my morning beverage and enjoying my solitary communion with nature, I thought up a little poem-thing:

Morning quiet
Snow on mountains
Sun caressing treetops
Crow disturbing the peace
Rarified air -- breathe deeply

Once the sun warmed up the air sufficiently, the wind came, beginning with a soft breeze. After doing the morning chores, we took a bike ride around the campground. We are scouting for an easier campsite for our next time here - one we can get into without a shoehorn. The combination of the high altitude with hills makes me realize how out of shape I am. I took this photo from the empty group campground, the highest point we found so far. You can see the treeline on the mountains; click on the photo to enlarge it.
Mueller is open year-round, but we don't plan to come here before June. This is a good time;the aspen trees have just opened their leaves.
With all the bear warnings, I was a little jumpy last night when I took Piper out for her potty at bedtime. I turned on all our outside lights and stayed close to the rig.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home