Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Dog grooming

 
 Today was dog grooming day. The photos show Leonard but we did all three dogs. I clean their teeth with an old fashioned dental pick. Don't try this at home - veterianians have better tools, but I want to avoid anesthesia for a simple teeth cleaning. I must be doing an okay job; Leonard is 12ish and he has never had a professional teeth cleaning. Every time our vet checks our dogs' teeth, he says they look good. I trim their toenails with a dremel grinder. I prefer it to using clippers. The grinder leaves the edges of the nail smooth.
The dogs are pretty good about having all this done. Every time I start a new dog, I go slowly and use a lot of treats. While I am doing the teeth and nails, Doug is brushing the other dogs.

Good feeling to get the grooming done!

Quote of the day:
"Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to the error that counts." Nikki Giovanni
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Hecate said...

Great blog. I'd like to see somebody try to groom THIS guy in their lap.

http://www.test.bobcathill.org/image/IANSTACK.jpg

Or fit him in an RV for extended periods.

Congrats on the CAPTCHA.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home