Saturday, August 12, 2006

Broken foot

I have broken a bone in my foot. I tripped going down a step at home, fell and twisted my ankle. The ankle is fine, but my 5th metararsal bone is broken. Right now it is splinted - next week I will have surgery to insert two screws into the bone to help it heal faster.

I am on crutches -- and not very good at using them! I have seen people go pretty fast on crutches, and boy do I admire them now. I feel very clumsy and unsure -- Doug follows me around in case I lose balance. The crutches have spooked most of the dogs - I think they are afraid I might fall on them.

We are feeling lucky that it didn't happen when we are out traveling in the 5th wheel. This is one time that I am glad we are not full timers yet. I don't think I could navigate the steps going in and out of the trailer.

This experience makes me appreciate things that we all take for granted. Makes me appreciate my helpful husband too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home